Vacancies at Thrums Veterinary Practice
We think we have a great work/life balance which is why we retain staff. Many have worked for Thrums for nearly 20 years. We all have lives and families outwith work and maintaining this good work/life balance is an essential aspect of the Thrums ethos.
PART TIME RECEPTIONIST – BLAIRGOWRIE SURGERY
Job Title: Part-Time Receptionist (including holiday cover)
Hours: 11.5 per week (plus holiday cover)
Location: Blairgowrie Branch
Due to the continuing growth of our mixed practice we are looking the right person to assist our busy Blairgowie Branch. The role is critical to the running of our Blairgowrie branch and is the client’s first impression on the telephone and also visiting the surgery. Within this role you will be responsible for the following:-
- Prompt and efficient answering of the telephones.
- Greeting clients.
- Accurately use the practice computer system to book appointments, register clients and pets, print invoices, record payments, check in and adjust stock.
- Ensure client’s records are correct and up to date.
- Ensure the smooth running of appointments by liaising with Vet Nurses and Vets.
- Answer basic questions regarding practices policy e.g vaccinations, and cost of treatments.
- Discussing preventative health care to client’s e.g neutering, fleas, worms and vaccination.
- Assist clients with any complaints or queries.
- To promote the Pet Health Plan and Pet Insurance to clients.
- Relay messages to other members of the practice team.
- General clerical duties e.g. filing, photocopying and faxing.
- To understand the policies for repeat prescriptions and assist dispensing vet prescribed medication.
- To order medication, food and re-stock dispensary.
- Cleaning duties e.g. mopping, dusting etc.
- Assist vets and nurses with animals care.
- Any other relevant duties which may be required
Knowledge and skills:-
- Previous experience in a busy reception.
- Previous experience of working within a team would be an advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills along with working well under pressure and remain calm, caring and polite at all times.
- Computer, literacy and numeracy. skills are a must
- Ability to have a friendly, polite, professional, empathetic and warm attitude toward clients and their pets.
- A knowledge of veterinary terms would be an advantage but not essential.
- Smart appearance and able to adhere to the practice dress code.
- Able to attend internal meetings and training as appropriate during and including outside normal working hours.
- Able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Full training will be given
- Attendance to relevant in-house CPD training is encouraged.
- Attendance to appropriate external CPD training course’s which will enhanced skills are personal development may be expected.
Working rota hours to allow the candidate have a work to lifestyle balance. A total of 11.5 hours per week additional for holiday cover is anticipated initially. Blairgowrie will be the principal place of work, with occasional visits to other branches required.
To apply please submit a CV Nicola Montgomery – Personnel Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUINE/MIXED VETERINARY SURGEON
Due to the continued growth of our equine client base we are looking for a veterinary surgeon who has the passion to lead our equine services to the next level of care for our clients and their animals.
The ideal candidate would embrace all aspects of mixed practice whilst being driven by equine medicine, however, we are flexible and we would be interested to hear from anyone who excels at all things equestrian!
The right candidate will be rewarded with the support to pursue a career they aspire to, a competitive salary, RCVS, VDS and society fees paid and extensive CPD allowance. If required, a vehicle can be provided. Depending on the role we can offer up to 38.5 days holiday. We cover our own out-of-hours and our mixed vets enjoy a leisurely 1 in 12 rota with time off in lieu. Pursuit of a certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice would be actively encouraged. We are a member of XL Vets which gives our staff access to a fantastic support network and continuing education.
We are an independent mixed practice covering rural Angus and Perthshire, on the doorstep of both mountains and coastline but with easy access to major towns and cities – Dundee is a city on the rise and just a 30 minute drive away and we are only an hour and a half from central Edinburgh. Many of our staff have come to Thrums for the job and have stayed for everything the area can offer. Amongst our ranks we count runners, mountain bikers, hockey players, climbers, riders, rugby players, munro baggers, netballers, triathletes and kayakers. Many of us have chosen to raise a family here and
take advantage of the fabulous schools in the area.
Our practice is equipped with modern kit including mobile digital X-ray, mobile ultrasound, dental power float, endoscope, stable and stocks. Our equine client base is largely made up of leisure horses and ponies but we also have a wide variety ranging from top end competitors to highland pony breeders.
Not every practice is the same in Angus and Perthshire and we are proud to say that we go the extra mile for our clients and patients. Every member of our team believes that how we do things is just as important as what we do. We value Integrity, Community, Excellence, Happiness and Friendliness above all else. These 5 deep seated values underpin every aspect of our approach to veterinary medicine and customer care. We strive to uphold these values clearly and consistently because there are lots of vets in Angus and Perthshire but there is only one Thrums Vet Group.
To find out more visit www.thrumsvet.co.uk or phone one of the Directors on 01575 572643.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com